When making a manual refund on an Authorize.net charge please note that the refund most be for the exact amount of the charge.
- Click on the Customer and go to E-Payments Log (top menu).
- Select a starting date and click search.
- Find the charge with the ID and the amount and make a note of both to use when making the refund.
- Click Close at the top left
- Click on the Balance Adjustment tab
- Select E-commerce Refund from the drop down menu options.
- Enter the same amount noted as well as the Transaction ID from the search results in the E-Payments Log.
- Enter an internal Comment if needed.
- Click Save or Save & Close (top menu).